Frequently asked questions

  • How do you treat for mold?

Treating for mold all depends on the amount of mold growth in the home, as well as where in the home it is located. At a minimum, we first lay floor protection throughout the home to help prevent any dirt or debris from entering the home. We then setup containment around the area we are treating to help prevent any cross-contamination. First, we apply a surface cleaner to lift any staining. Second, we HEPA vacuum any loose dirt, debris or mold spores. Thirdly, we apply our enzyme cleaner to the surface and the air, to attack and remove any mold spores, as well as mycotoxins and other harmful bacteria. We then cleanup the work area, HEPA vacuum our way out of the home. Depending on the job type, we will also perform post-clearance testing to prove we successfully remediated.

  • How long does the process take?

 

Most remediation services are done in less than just one day. We then return about one week later to perform post-clearance testing to make sure we successfully remediated the mold.

  • Do you test afterwards? How do we know it's really gone?

Yes. We test all of our remediation jobs. We test for two reasons:

 

 1. Quality Control: We want to make sure what we did truly worked and that we are leaving the home with better indoor air quality standards than when we first started. 

2. Cost Effective: 3rd party testing can be costly, since we are already testing, we just hsare the results with you. If testing comes back higher than where we would like it to be, we come back and treat the area again, on us. We guarantee we will pass indoor-air quality standards.

  • Is is safe to be in my home during remediation?

Yes, you can be home while we are performing a remediation. We always setup proper containment so that you and the rest of your home are safe from unwanted mold spores. Our process is safe enough to be around at all times.

  • I have pets, are they okay to be in the home?

 

Yes, of course. Pets are more than okay to be in the home during a remediation. Our treatment process uses an array of products that aren't toxic to humans or to pets.

  • I have black mold in my home, how do I get rid of it?

It is always important to identify what kind of mold you are dealing with in your home. "Black" mold is an overused term that can be confusing. There is mold that is black, then there is "black mold". Mold comes in a variety of species, colors and texture. For example, you may notice little black dots around some windows in your home or in the grout in your bathroom, yes the mold is "black" but it is not the scary black mold you see online or on TV. Often, this is actually mildew and has little-none allergenic properties. Consult with a mold inspector or an environmentalist before attempting to remove mold from your home.

  • Does bleach kill mold?

NO. Bleach does NOT kill mold. Bleach is a harsh cleaner that can be used as a surface cleaner. But all bleach really does is lighten any dark/cosmetic staining. Bleach is harmful and damaging to your lungs, but if it were to be used, it should be used only on non-porous material. The by-product of bleach is actually water, so when you think about it, bleach actually feeds mold MORE moisture.​

Contact Us

ProEnviro, LLC

P.O. Box 523

Whitman, MA 02382

(781) 201-1946

JTurner@ProEnviroLLC.com

  • Facebook
  • Instagram
  • Black Yelp Icon

Certifications

® 2020 ProEnviro LLC. All Rights Reserved.